none
Ajax in Office 365

Question

• Hi,

I want to use Ajax control in office365. In sharepoint, I will place necessary dll's in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\33555\bin folder to make my solution up and running whereas in office 365 I couldn't place that.

Let me know how can I use ajax control in Office 365?

Monday, August 06, 2012 7:18 AM

Answers

• Office 365 supports deployment of custom assemblies (dlls) through sandbox solutions.  If you are trying to use standard ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 ajax control tool kit, it should be already part of the cloud environment as a part of System.Web.Extensions and related assemblies.

Please check with Microsoft Online support they will confirm whether System.Web.Extensions are available in Office 365

The real challenge will be is to invoke this assembly solution from your sandbox solution, which runs in partial trust. Usually System.Web.Extensions does not allow partiallly trusted callers. Hence it many not be possible to invoke Ajax calls from your sandbox environment

Sundar Narasiman

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:34 AM
  • Hi ,

You may need to post this question in the Office365 SharePoint Online forum and be able to get a better assistance there,

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/151/categories.aspx

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

You may need to post this question in the Office365 SharePoint Online forum and be able to get a better assistance there,

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/151/categories.aspx

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:11 AM
  • Office 365 supports deployment of custom assemblies (dlls) through sandbox solutions.  If you are trying to use standard ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 ajax control tool kit, it should be already part of the cloud environment as a part of System.Web.Extensions and related assemblies.

Please check with Microsoft Online support they will confirm whether System.Web.Extensions are available in Office 365

The real challenge will be is to invoke this assembly solution from your sandbox solution, which runs in partial trust. Usually System.Web.Extensions does not allow partiallly trusted callers. Hence it many not be possible to invoke Ajax calls from your sandbox environment

Sundar Narasiman

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:34 AM