none
Microsoft excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

Question

• I have excel add-in(VB.net code) that starts an Excel(2007) Application and creates copies of an original workbook. The original workbook is having multiple sheets with multiple pivot tables from an OLAP source. The vb.net code goes to every sheet and every pivot to refresh the data based on new filters. The refresh time is large and excel throws a message every now and then “Microsoft excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action”. I have to click OK on this manually for the automation code to run smoothly. Is there a way I can eliminate this message and programmatically resolves this? I have the code running on windows server 2003. The Visual studio version is Visual studio 2008.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 8:56 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thanks for contacting "Innovate on Office" forum, but this is not the right place to post your request, as we provide support on advisory issues for Office 2007 only . Basically  we address "How-to" questions and this is a trouble shooting issue.  You would need someone to debug your code to troubleshoot this error. BTW, this message is sent by the OS and not by your application.

Depending upon your partner level, you have the following three options.

- Purchase an incident pack. Please contact the main-stream support team of Excel in Microsoft.

OR

- Use one of the incidents available to you.

OR

- Visit https://partner.microsoft.com/global/supportsecurity/technicalsupport/40014662

Thanks,

Priyank

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 10:11 PM