: Culture name 'es-us' is not supported.

Question

• Hello, I can access team ststem web access from my local machine.

But one of my workers, have a yellow screen of error, and when I see the eventlog I have this problem

The winodws 2003 is english, and the other machines are in spanish.

Technical Information (for the administrative staff):

Date (UTC): 11/22/2007 3:17:16 PM

Machine: ESTACION120B

Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/4/Root-1-128402109169853977

Assembly: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WebAccess, Version=8.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35; v2.0.50727

Process Details:

Process Name: w3wp

Process Id: 2860

Thread Id: 5

Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Detailed Message: A crash report for this problem was recently created; a new crash report for this occurrence of the problem is not being created. This problem has occurred 3 times.

Web Request Details

Url: http://estacion120b:8090/UI/pages/login.aspx [method: GET]

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Headers: Connection=Keep-Alive&Accept=image%2fgif%2c+image%2fx-xbitmap%2c+image%2fjpeg%2c+image%2fpjpeg%2c+application%2fx-shockwave-flash%2c+application%2fvnd.ms-excel%2c+application%2fmsword%2c+*%2f*&Accept-Encoding=gzip%2c+deflate&Accept-Language=es-us&Cookie=ASP.NET_SessionId%3dgfz5re55wnvtkfujlxo1hcvb&Host=estacion120b%3a8090&User-Agent=Mozilla%2f4.0+(compatible%3b+MSIE+7.0%3b+Windows+NT+5.1%3b+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727)&UA-CPU=x86

Path: /UI/pages/login.aspx

Local Request: False

Host Address: 192.168.1.155

User: ESTACION120B\IUSR_ESTACION120B [authentication type: ]

Exception Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. (type HttpUnhandledException)

Exception Stack Trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.ui_pages_login_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: Culture name 'es-us' is not supported.

Parameter name: name (type ArgumentException)

Exception Stack Trace: at System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord..ctor(String cultureName, Boolean useUserOverride)

at System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord.GetCultureTableRecord(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)

at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)

at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.CreateReadOnlyCultureInfo(String name)

at System.Web.UI.Page.set_UICulture(String value)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WebAccess.UI.WebAccessPage.OnPreInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thursday, November 22, 2007 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Luis,

This was a bug in Tswa and was resolved in the new version. The latest version of Tswa will be released in a few days. Thanks.

Regards

Serkan Inci - MSFT

Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

This was a bug in Tswa and was resolved in the new version. The latest version of Tswa will be released in a few days. Thanks.

Regards

Serkan Inci - MSFT

Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:59 PM
  • This was a bug in Tswa and was resolved in the new version. The latest version of Tswa will be released in a few days.

I just downloaded Tswa from this url today, and have the same problem two years after the bug was resolved and "released in a few days". :)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/teamsystem/bb676728.aspx

Is there a workaround for this problem, or maybe there is a newer version out there somewhere?

eloekset
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 8:39 AM
  • This was a bug in Tswa and was resolved in the new version. The latest version of Tswa will be released in a few days.

I just downloaded Tswa from this url today, and have the same problem two years after the bug was resolved and "released in a few days". :)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/teamsystem/bb676728.aspx

Is there a workaround for this problem, or maybe there is a newer version out there somewhere?

eloekset

I understand this part, Thanks for your effort!
    Friday, March 04, 2011 10:05 PM