none
Consuming Java based web services with BizTalk WCF Adapter.

Question

• Hi All, 

Is anybody using the WCF Adapter to consume Java Web Services(Axis2 Web Service). I am just trying to do the same but when I am use the BizTalk WCF Web Service Cosuming Wizard I get the following error on using either of the options.
    error:
    Error consuming WCF service metadata.
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

Any clues as to what am doing wrong.

Regards

Dan Bal
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:33 PM

Answers

• Do you know much about what is exposed on the Axis web service? Does it look like just primitive types or are there any complex types on the Axis web service?

Also, what WCF binding are you using to interact with the Java web service? Try using Basic-HTTP to start out with to ensure there is interoperability with the Java web service.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by DPS Bali Monday, August 22, 2011 3:06 PM
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 10:33 PM

All replies

• Can you try using "Add Web Reference" (Right Click the Project -> Add Web Reference) ?
    Abhinav
    Friday, December 19, 2008 1:37 AM
  • Thats for the SOAP Adapter. I am already using that.

Tnx

Dan Bal
    Friday, December 19, 2008 3:04 AM
  • No, you can have any Web Service and that can be consumed using this. For example, I have a WCF service whose metadata I consume using "Add Web Reference" and I use the BizTalk WCF-Custom Adapter to connect to the Service using WCF-BasicHttp binding. (I am able to use this to invoke an operation and get a valid response)
    Abhinav
    Friday, December 19, 2008 8:40 AM
  • Do you know much about what is exposed on the Axis web service? Does it look like just primitive types or are there any complex types on the Axis web service?

Also, what WCF binding are you using to interact with the Java web service? Try using Basic-HTTP to start out with to ensure there is interoperability with the Java web service.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by DPS Bali Monday, August 22, 2011 3:06 PM
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 10:33 PM