Send MMS via PC to Mobile

Question

• Hi! Does anyone knows how to send MMS cia PC to mobile using C#? I need to create the MMS from the PC and use the mobile connected to the PC to send MMS to my mobile. Any ideas how to do it?
    Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• There is no 'out of the box' support for MMS available with Windows Mobile. You'll have to use some 3rd party tools to get this solved.

The following document shows how you could solve this: http://www.winwap.com/files/2005-07-05_Sending_and_Receiving_MMS_messages.pdf 

Hope this helps
    Michael

Thursday, January 18, 2007 10:30 PM
  • hi i dnt know if u can help me but i need 2 send mms from mobile to pc the do speech recognition analysis for the mms on the pc,i was thinking of using matlab for the analysis,how is it possible to send the mms and how can i deal wz it's format to allow matlab 2 analyse the mms,thx
    Sunday, February 04, 2007 2:06 PM
  • Thanks for Micheal's reply. I have looked through the winWap and discovered that the sample code is in C++. I need to figure out how to translate it into C#.

For haloola, have you found out the method for the speech recognition? You may use Speech Recognition for doing so. I'm not sure whether it will be helpful for you. You may try this,

You need to add Microsoft Speech Object Library from the 'Add Reference' at the COM

SpVoice v = new SpVoice();
                v.Speak("Hello");

Try it out. Happy coding!

Monday, February 05, 2007 12:59 AM
  • hi,
    have u finished ur application. I want to develop same application. that is, "I am using Visual studio .net 2003 and CF 1.0 and pocket pc HP IPAQ H6300 series(Windows Mobile 2003). I want to send MMS(some picture wll be there as attachment) through my .net application. Plzz give me some guidelines." That WinWap ll help me or not?
    Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:58 AM
  • Ya. Winwap definitely can help u  ;-)
    Friday, March 30, 2007 9:20 AM
  • how you translate from C++ to C#? plzz tell me....there is one COM object, MAPI.....you can use it for sending message......but I can't understand how to use it......can u plzzz help me......
    Friday, March 30, 2007 9:34 AM
  • MMS Stack SDK at http://www.winwap.com/products_1_3.php have C# samples that shows how to use it from .net application.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:17 AM
  • Check out www.businesms.com - we have SDKs for MMS that can be used within C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASP, VB6, ASP and any other COM enabled IDE. Our support team can also help you through your evaluation to get the SDKs working with your operator, etc.
    Friday, May 04, 2007 5:37 PM
  • Hello! Kihat,

Did you found an apllication for sending mms to mobile from the pc??

If you get it, i would like to kow if you can explain me or send me it??

Thanks

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:05 PM
  • This forum is smart device development related. Since your question is not related to smart device development, it's off topic here. 

If you’re having a hardware issue, please contact hardware manufacturer or reseller. If you having an issue with 3rd party software, please contact respective software manufacturer or reseller. Otherwise please post to relevant forum or news group:

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx

Closing as off topic.

Hint: since you're sending MMS from desktop please post to desktop related forum.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:07 PM