fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/cdefs.h': No such file or directory

Question

• thanks Giovanni sir .......... solved dat one but got one more error i.e.

1>------ Build started: Project: histimg, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>Compiling...
    1>histimg.cpp
    1>c:\documents and settings\kesar\my documents\visual studio 2008\projects\histimg\histimg\histimg.cpp(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/cdefs.h': No such file or directory
    1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\kesar\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\histimg\histimg\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    1>histimg - 1 error(s),

Monday, January 03, 2011 11:09 AM

Answers

• On 03/01/2011 12:09, shivu k wrote:

1>histimg.cpp
    1>c:\documents and settings\kesar\my documents\visual studio 2008\projects\histimg\histimg\histimg.cpp(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/cdefs.h': No such file or directory

I have no idea about the content of 'cdefs.h'.
    You may want to try to comment out the #include <sys/cdefs.h> line in your source .cpp file, and see what happens.

Giovanni

Monday, January 03, 2011 4:56 PM
  • The <sys/cdefs.h> header is a BSD header. BSD is not a supported operating system of Visual C++. You need to get the header from elsewhere.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, January 03, 2011 9:34 PM
  • >wer to get dat header files

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cdefs.h

- Wayne
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 6:18 AM

All replies

• On 03/01/2011 12:09, shivu k wrote:

1>histimg.cpp

I have no idea about the content of 'cdefs.h'.
    You may want to try to comment out the #include <sys/cdefs.h> line in your source .cpp file, and see what happens.

Giovanni

Monday, January 03, 2011 4:56 PM
  • The <sys/cdefs.h> header is a BSD header. BSD is not a supported operating system of Visual C++. You need to get the header from elsewhere.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, January 03, 2011 9:34 PM
  • hi Giovanni sir

thanks for ur soln.... but dint work dat i ll try some other methods.......

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:24 AM
  • sheng jiang sir wer to get dat header files any idea.....

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:25 AM
  • >wer to get dat header files

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cdefs.h

- Wayne
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 6:18 AM