How can I change the Password of another account on Windows 8?

Question

• When I installed windows 8 I created it using an email address/live account that is not my MSDN account. How can I change what Live account my login is associated with?

Also I created a new user account on Windows 8, but I am unable to log into it. It requires a password but I never established one for that user, and I cannot find a way to change the password in the user manager process.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:45 PM

All replies

• You cannot change your account mail, neither password, in fact, it works only when you have internet access.

You can create or manage another user accounts from Control panel, just click on Start menu, Control panel, More settings, User Account and family settings, User accounts, Manage another account, select your account and you will be able to set a password, or you will be able to change the password.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:53 PM
  • I do have internet access but I don't know where/how to change the account associated with it in Windows 8.

Also Looking at the Change an Account page in Windows 8 there is no option for changing a password. 

If I attempt to change my account's password in the settings app I get an error that says "We're sorry, but something went wrong. Your password may not have been changed. Code  0x80048821" . Also of note I cannot change a password on an account I am not able to log into even if I am an Administrator.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:02 PM
  • I'm noticing I get an error any time I try to change user information, credentials, etc.
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:21 PM