none
SSRS 2008 r2 pass parameter values from report to report

Question

• In a SSRS 2008 r2 dashboard, the user can click on various links to jump to various ssrs reports that are on the report server. When this occurs I would like to be able to pass the 'same' parameters selected by the user from report to report. Thus can you show me how to pass the 'original selected parameters' and pass the value from report to report so the values are used on the report the user jumps to?
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:04 PM

Answers

• I am going to use 'Go to Report Action type'. Can you explain to me how to pass the parameter values from one report to the next. I can not figure how to set that up. 
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 4:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Wendy,

How did you configured the reports to navigate from one to another (Which Action type you are using, either Go to Report or Go to URL?)?

If you are using Go to Report Action type then you can pass the parameters directly to the report or if you are using Go to URL Action type then you can pass parameters through url.

Thanks, Madhu

Friday, November 29, 2013 7:29 AM
  • I am going to use 'Go to Report Action type'. Can you explain to me how to pass the parameter values from one report to the next. I can not figure how to set that up. 
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 4:41 AM
  • Hi wendy,

We can click Add icon below Go to report to add parameter and pass the parameter from one report to next. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Add two identical parameters in the main report (MainParameter) and subreport (SubParameter).
    2. When we select Go to report, we can click Add icon below it. Please refer to the values below:
      Name:   SubParameter                          Value: [@MainParameter]
    3. Then, when we click the tablix go to the next report, we can pass the main report parameter to next.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Alisa Tang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 02, 2013 5:51 AM