crystal reports - vb.net - cannot connect to data base - ole db

Question

• I have a solution created with 3 projects. A datagrid pulling data via ole db from an as/400 connection. A data project that contains the data set for the solution. And a solution for my crystal reports. Both the data grid and the crystal report projects have a reference for the data set project.  What do I do to reference my data set in the crystal reports project?
    I tried everything in database expert, like creating a new connection. But when I use database expert, it never will show me my tables. I am new to all this, any help would be appreciated. I would think AS/400 knowledge is not needed, it is just another OLE DB connection. Thanks.
    • Moved by nobugzMVP, Moderator Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:47 PM xtal q (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:34 PM

Answers

• I got the fields to show, but cannot remember what I did. Sorry, this wil not be of much help to others.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If my understanding is correct, you are going to use a dataset in a data project in crystal reports. If it is the case, here is a document decribing how to do it in crystal report in detail.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90be88c9-943f-2b10-929c-e6334e6cc3b0

Please let me know if it works for you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 4:13 AM
  • I could not get those instructions to work. Kept bombing when I tried to select the table from the data provider class.

But I was able to create a new connection and reference my project that contains the data set. It pulled the tables in and I added them to the report. But when I run it, all I get is headings.  I need to look into it more.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 1:16 PM
  • I got the fields to show, but cannot remember what I did. Sorry, this wil not be of much help to others.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:33 PM