How do I erase my "Sync PC Settings?"

Question

• So immediately when Windows 8 came out, I wanted to give it a try.  However, after deciding that it wasn't ready for day-to-day use (of course, it's just a preview), I went back to Windows 7.  However, I decided that I wanted to wipe out my online synced settings, because I don't want any settings from the preview potentially affecting the beta or even the final version.  So, I turned off all the options to sync settings, expecting it to erase them from the cloud.

I just decided to play with the preview on a different system though, and all of those settings were still synced over.  Is there any possible way to have them erased, or even if the feature is disabled, will they be sitting on the MS server indefinitely?

Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sync PC Settings can be turned off from the Users page in Control Panel.\

However, I am not sure if they are erased from the cloud.
    I will see if I can find more information on this issue for you.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Sync PC Settings can be turned off from the Users page in Control Panel.\

However, I am not sure if they are erased from the cloud.
    I will see if I can find more information on this issue for you.

Thanks,

Marilyn

I appreciate you looking into it.  I did turn them off from the control panel, and per my experience it didn't erase the information from the cloud, which is not ideal.  The user should be able to clear that whenever they want, whether directly from Windows, or from Live.com (ideally both methods).
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:28 PM
  • Hello JHoff80,

I suggest you send feedback on this issue.

You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Marilyn
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:20 PM