Including unit test variable values in load test results

Question

• I am relatively new at VSTS. 

I have created a load test based on a hand-coded unit test.

The unit test has a variable "logCount" that I want reported in the load test results.

The value is set at the end of the unit test thus the load test will have a value for each iteration of the unit test and I would like that value to appear in the load test results.

After the test runs the ClassCleanup code will compare "logCount" and "expectedCount" values.  How would I do that?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:57 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to do this.   One possible way to report the count in the load test result is to create your own custom performance counter and report the value for the perf counter using the System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter class (and related classes).   Then you would need to create a counter set (or modifiy an existing counter set) in your load test to collect your custom performance counters.   However, I'm guessing you were looking for something a bit easier than this.

Friday, July 27, 2007 9:49 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to do this.   One possible way to report the count in the load test result is to create your own custom performance counter and report the value for the perf counter using the System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter class (and related classes).   Then you would need to create a counter set (or modifiy an existing counter set) in your load test to collect your custom performance counters.   However, I'm guessing you were looking for something a bit easier than this.

Friday, July 27, 2007 9:49 PM
  • Can you suggest specific references/articles/product documentation to guide me in creating a custom performance counter?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:22 PM