none
Expressions don't work in SSRS at all in VS2010

Question

• I've got one project in VS2010 when I use SSRS - lots of raports, and in that project I'm using form authentication and everything is fine. (This is a web site in C# in ASP)

I had to change my project to windows authentication, and everything would be great, and logging works fine, but raports don't work fine. In all textboxes in rdlc file are #Errors. In lots of textboxes I used expressions with condition that when the value is null then show '-'. It looks like this:

=IIf((First(Fields!name.Value, "nameOfDataset") Like ""),"-",First(Fields!name.Value, "nameOfDataset"))

but when I set only:

=First(Fields!name.Value, "nameOfDataset")

it works ok.

Not only this expression doesn't work. I need to show page numbers, and in old project that works fine. In second project the expression:  =Globals!PageNumber     doesn't work.

I don't know what happened. I only changed logging method to Windows Authentication, and nothing else was changed, and I have no idea why exprssions in textboxes do not work.

Need help please!!!!

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:27 AM

All replies

• Dear,

Expressions will work win SSRS 2012,  Please go through below url  :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee240847.aspx

Hope you will get some useful stuff to resolve the above said issue.

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh P N

Friday, September 13, 2013 12:01 PM
  • Hi Hola,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:21 AM
  • Hi Hola,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:24 AM