Crystal report runtime for VB 6

Question

• What Crystal report runtime files do i need to compile and deploy with a VB 6 application and successfully run reports in the VB application without having to install the entire Crystal Report application on the End-User's system??
    Friday, May 27, 2005 4:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Ryan,

Which version of Crystal Reports are you using and which technology? There are the OCX, COM and RDC that can be used with Visual Basic 6.0.

If you have a full product version then there is a runtime files help file that is installed by default.

Keith - Business Objects
    • Proposed as answer by abdul kareem Saturday, April 18, 2009 4:58 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2005 7:36 PM
  • I am using Crystal Report 8.5. But I am not installing Crystal Reports on end-user platform. So, do I need to add in some components upon compiling the program?
    • Proposed as answer by abdul kareem Saturday, April 18, 2009 4:57 AM
    Monday, June 06, 2005 2:05 AM
  • Check out this kbase:

http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2008238.asp

If you have the developer edition of Crystal Reports then Runtime.hlp is the help file that will get you the answers you are looking for.

Keith - Business Objects
    Monday, June 06, 2005 6:50 PM
  •  Keith Thomson wrote:
    Hello Ryan,

Which version of Crystal Reports are you using and which technology? There are the OCX, COM and RDC that can be used with Visual Basic 6.0.

If you have a full product version then there is a runtime files help file that is installed by default.

Keith - Business Objects

Hello Keith Thomson,

i am using crystal report 8.5 enterprises edition and i like to use only runtime ocx file for my visual basic project, what should I do ? please help me

Sunday, September 03, 2006 1:36 PM
  • What Crystal report runtime files do i need to compile and deploy with a VB 6 application and successfully run reports in the VB application without having to install the entire Crystal Report application on the End-User's system??
    • Proposed as answer by abdul kareem Saturday, April 18, 2009 4:57 AM
    Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:54 PM
  • i face the same problem.

What Crystal report runtime files do i need to compile and deploy with a VB 6 application and successfully run reports in the

VB application without having to install the entire Crystal Report application on the End-User's system??

But i am't able to do same.

i use cristal report 8.5

would u like to help me ?

plz provied me some help.

Best regards

Sanjoy Debnath

s4sanjoy@hotmail.com 

Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:10 AM