Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:17 PM
I run a 3rd party application - it's a device manager extension, when in device manager and right click then Properties, this vendor provided app runs which provides additional configuration and management for the underlying device - as well as the standard tabs that appear in a device manager properties dialog.
Problem is, runs just fine in XP, in WES some of the tabs are missing GUI elements, like strings / labels. I assume a missing component in my WES build, but when I check the dependencies of the app they are all present in the build. It seems the only part of the GUI affected are those tabs specific to the device, not the tabs that appear in most every device manager properties dialog.
Running out of idea to debug, any suggestions?
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:39 PM
Try adding the Fonts and Code Page Compatibility macro components. These two macro components should pull in the necessary support to adjust the strings.
www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
Friday, February 01, 2013 3:08 AM
That is general issue on WES/XPE. Please check your registry on follow of path.
Make your XPE/WES path the same with XP pro. Try it....
"MS SANS SERIF"=dword:00001000
"TIMES NEW ROMAN"=dword:00004000
Johnny Blog: http://johnny0627.blogspot.tw/
Wednesday, March 06, 2013 10:39 PM
I tried adding the fonts and Code Page Compatibility macro components but that did not help. I found a similar question posted and somebody experimentally found deleting an entry in the Font Compatibility section worked (see below). I tried it and it did solve the problem on 2 tabs of this particular application, a 3rd tab (with apparently the same font) still shows the problem. Must admit I don't know all the ramifications of removing this registry entry yet.
So still looking at this issue... the past response from Johnny I don't completely understand. I did compare those registry setting to XP PRO, very close by default but not exactly the same. Aside from those Asian looking entries (which I did not have in my WES build) the only difference was the DEFAULT value - which I set from 0 to 0x88 but that had no affect.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes\MS Sans Serif,0