How to edit test agent role

Question

• Hi Fellows

I got below error msg when I run the test case with virtual environment

Failed to queue test run to the controller that collects data and diagnostics: BDL.ABCD.com:6901. There is no agent available for role 'Desktop Client', which runs diagnostic data adapters

When I go back to check the agent under test controller manager, the agent is ready, but it belongs to non-environment.

So I go to "Manage test controller" via Visual Studio 2010 to edit the test agent properties. But in "Manage test controller" form, it cannot locate any controller at all.

So I go to "Configure test Controller" to check the "register with Team Project collection" value, which is correct. the controller should talk to the correct Team project collection.

So from above, anyone how to edit the test agent roles?

Regards

Paul

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:55 PM

Answers

• Hello Paul,

As far as I know that the test case you run belongs to one spcific test plan, and every test plan accociates one specific .testsetting file. And at the same time, the test plan may associate one virtual environment. In order to run the test case successfully, you should make sure that you have the avaliable test agents to fulfill the settings in the .testsetting file.

For example, you specfiy one test agent with the role "Desktop Client" in the .testsetting file. You also need to have one test agent with the role "Desktop Client" in the virtual environment as well. Otherwise, you will not get your tests run successfully.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, March 23, 2012 7:51 AM