none
The filtering process has been terminated

Question

• got 1 WFE and 1 App server

configured the search like this: 

I've moved the search index on both servers so it's like this; (I know it's different folder names)

IndexPartitionOrdinal : 0
    RootDirectory         : E:\SPSearchIndex
    ComponentId           : 7bfd9b97-fb14-4e26-8b93-05ce8340c493
    TopologyId            : 082bdf84-ba56-41ef-9b64-6b9a0c7407f4
    ServerId              : 39202252-fb20-43c9-a674-84c3d4891da1
    Name                  : IndexComponent1
    ServerName            : APP1

IndexPartitionOrdinal : 0
    RootDirectory         : E:\SearchIndex
    ComponentId           : 5c076b2c-945a-4a72-955a-237d003a7498
    TopologyId            : 082bdf84-ba56-41ef-9b64-6b9a0c7407f4
    ServerId              : ad0c8592-edec-47c5-a14b-df682c13c514
    Name                  : IndexComponent2
    ServerName            : WFE1

on both servers The <machinename>/WSS_WPG and <machinename>/WSS_ADMIN has full control (also the Searchcontent account) to the folders  - but still I get the error:

"The filtering process has been terminated "

can someone please advise so the Search can crawl flawless and without errors?

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 6:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry late for replying.

The default path to search index is  "%Program Files%\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server\Applications", you can do the test to check my above way.

Paul Shui
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer?on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer?if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by JmATK Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:19 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you recycled your search services after changing the permissions?  the services are “SharePoint Search Host Controller”, and “SharePoint Server Search 15”.

Best regards, Christopher.
    Blog | Mail
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.
    Why mark as answer?

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Hi ...

Yes, both services on both machines have been restarted..... the IIS has been restarted as well..    

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 7:26 AM
  • Hi,

Firstly, please ensure Search Service Account has access to the SearchIndex share which is usually located in  "%Program Files%\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server\Applications" directory. And make sure “WSS_WPG” group has full control permissions to "C:\Windows\Temp" directory.

Then try removing and add the existing crawl rules. You could also change the identity of the search to the farm account. Restart search related service and start full crawl.

If it still doesn’t work, please check ULS log and find more detail error message.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 07, 2014 3:11 AM
  • Hi 

I don't have the usually directory... but have ensured that the account have access to the folders you mention 

Don't have any crawl rules.. 

Crawl log says; 

The filtering process has been terminated ( SearchID = FDBD9FF9-9DF2-4171-8BFF-2AD6147EC2B8 ) 

Thursday, August 07, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

Please understand ULS log could help us trace root cause and it logged more detail than crawl log.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/ff463595(v=office.15).aspx

Please check the ULS log for related error message.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Rebecca Tu

Sunday, August 10, 2014 11:30 AM
  • The ULS log doesn't give me more info... 
    Monday, August 11, 2014 5:52 PM
  • Hi,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Forum Support

Rebecca Tu

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:45 AM
  • Hi,

Here is an article about the error message, it may help you. https://autospinstaller.codeplex.com/workitem/18863

Paul Shui

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer?on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer?if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:29 PM
  • Hi Paul

thx - but already followed that, and still errors...

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

Since you followed the steps, I think you can try this way to do the test in your lab, change your  search index  to default location. If it works, I think there is something wrong to give the permissions to the WSS_WPG group to allow the service account to write to your index location   E:\SearchIndex.

Paul Shui

Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:03 PM
  • hmm... it's a custom content source I get this error on - a content source outside SP...

...but still it's the index location that gives the error?

the default path to search indes is c:\program files\???  

Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:08 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry late for replying.

The default path to search index is  "%Program Files%\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server\Applications", you can do the test to check my above way.

Paul Shui

• Marked as answer by JmATK Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:19 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:23 AM