Get Through Command line (Using TF.exe)

Question

• I am facing some issues while getting code from TFS using TF.exe get

Scenario is: My one nightly build is configured on D Drive which runs at specific time and prepare builds, But I need to create some checkbuilds which run at some time and verify that all the code is stable and able to go in nightly release. I 've configured these checkbuild on E Drive.

Problem is: My scripts first unmap any existing mapping and then pulls code from TFS after remapping the locations. This is going fantastic in case of nighty builds. But when I tried to test this for checkbuild to pull code from TFS it keep saying that replacing files (Name of Files) and in brackets it keep giving message (Moved from D drive). I don't know what's wrong with this get command. Where as this TF get command is working fine for D drive code and not working for other drive.

I know TFS doesn't allow one location to be mapped on server local locations this's why I am removing existing mappping first.

Regards Nain
    • Edited by rznain Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:04 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:01 AM

All replies

• Any help? Am i the only facing this issue? :(
    Regards Nain
    Monday, December 26, 2011 4:48 AM
  • Hello Nain,

I am trying to better understand your issue, and if I misunderstand it, please kindly correct me.

Actually you have two workspaces for your TFS server: one is on the Driver D which is used in the nightly build, and one is on the Driver E which is used in the Gated Check-in build.

If my understanding is correct, I would like to say that actually you do not need to create two workspaces on your local machine. I think it is fine for you to work with your nightly build and Gated Check-in build with only one workspace.

In addition, you are allowed to have more than one workspace on your machine. However, you are not allowed to map one local folder with more than one TFS server. So in your scenario, I don’t think you need to un-map your local workspace on the Driver D.

And to deal with your issue, for one thing I would like to make sure is that when you use the tf.exe /get command for the workspace on the Driver E, have you navigated to the Diver E workspace by using the cd e:\workspace command?

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Monday, December 26, 2011 5:18 AM
  • Hi Vicky

Thanks for your answer :)

I am using one workspace for both nightly builds and for gated check-ins. And as per my understanding to pull code from TFS using TF /get you don't need to navigate to the drive. It will automatically get the code according to the server mappings.

Regards Nain
    Monday, December 26, 2011 7:23 AM