none
SSRS 2008 R2 - Page Break Issue

Question

• I am displaying survey data in a SSRS report and then exporting the data to PDF reports. The format for my data is:

Question Number - Question

Answer:

So the problem i am having is that the last question on the page is displayed and cut off so the answer appears on the next page. I want to display the entire question and answer section on the same page, if it does not fit on same page it needs to be shown on the next page. But it cannot be cut off and partially show the question or the answer at the end of the page.

I tried the keep togeher on one page and that doesnt seem to work. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

AJ

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:48 PM

All replies

• Try adding a rectangle, placing all data inside and checking the "Add a Page Break After" box in the rectangle properties.

Bonediggler

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:11 PM
  • Thanks for input but that didnt work. My data is still getting cut off when it gets to the end of the page.

AJ

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:15 PM
  • Hello,

Reporting Services has two different riles in pagination: Physical pagination and logical pagination.

We can modify PageSize value in Report Properties dialog box to change logical pagination value. It would keep data together in one page with PDF format. However, if we print the report, it maybe truncated. Because the limit of print paper.  I recommend you try to adjust the row-high in the report to get the same affect.

Also, we can modify Margins value of the report, if we want to display little more data in one page.

There is an article about How do I get the same page number in web page and PDF. You can refer to it.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlforum/archive/2011/02/28/faq-how-do-i-get-the-same-page-number-in-web-page-and-pdf.aspx

Regards,

Alisa Tang

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:18 AM
  • The issue is with the cutting off the data. Its not that i am trying to get all the data on one sinngle page.

AJ

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:32 PM
  • Would it be practical to create a group on Answer and set the page break to After? This would place one question and one answer per page, so it may be too much paper.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:12 PM
  • Yes i tried this but i need the report to show more than one question on each page. Thanks

AJ

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Hi,

You can use following properties: KeepTogether and KeepWithGroup to solve your problem.

Remember to mark as an answer if this post has helped you.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:00 PM
  • Hi Igor,

How do i get to the screen that you attached? What control is it?

AJ

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:55 PM
  • In the report designer click groups button to show groups.

Highlight appropriate group. Go View | Properties Window or use Ctrl + W, P.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:36 PM
  • Sorry for the late response. I tried this and it didnt work. I tried usign the keepwithgroup before and after. Both did not work.

AJ

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:40 PM
  • Can you post the rdl file and some data?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:55 PM