none
Change the size of Control on form

Question

• Within TFS 2010 I created a new Work Item. Therefore I also created some new Field and a Layout.

When I add a field of the type HTMLFieldControl   (because I want multiline available) i becomes a very huge field when I look at it in the browser. 

To change this I tried the Minimumsize  and  I tried to add the same Attribute. But no succes...

How can I change the size of a field/control type?

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:18 AM

Answers

• Hi John,

This topic can be closed.

I solved it by settings different fields nest to eachother (and not underneath each other).

Still I am not able to upload images or links...

thank you for your help!

• Marked as answer by Ferrie Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:03 PM
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Ferrie,

Thanks for your post.

In Work Item types, every control has a default minimum size, so we can’t set the control’s height lower than it’s default minimum height.

As you would like to add more controls(HtmlFieldControl) in a single TabPage, we suggest you to new several Columns in TabPage, then add controls(HtmlFieldControl) under each columns. If you want change the width of control, you can set the PercentWidth value for each Column, please refer to the screenshot in the answer reply in this post.

Additionally, if you not limited to the single TabPage, we can new a set of TabPages under the TabGroup, then add controls in each TabPage.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:36 AM
  • Hi John,

Thank you for your answer.

If I understand it correctly: I can not change the height of an HTMLFieldControl, but only the width by changing the column percentage width.

Where can I find the default height of the controls?

Best regards, Ferrie

Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:31 PM
  • Hi Ferrie, 

Thanks for your reply.

No, we can change control Height value in Minimum Size. But every control has a default minimum height and width size.

What’s the height and width you want to set for your HTMLFieldControl?

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:48 PM
  • Hi John,

I tried to change the height of the HTMLFieldControl by changing them in the Minimum Size.

At this moment, when I look at the HTMLFieldControl in the browser, it is extremely long. So I wanted to short it.  But as far as I understand you, this is the default heigth.

The size I tried was something like 200, 150. But I don't know the effect of it, because it was not visible.... 

My goal is to shorten the heigth of the HTMLFieldControl!  :-)

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:52 PM
  • Hi Ferrie, 

Thanks for your reply.

Please share your work item screenshot or work item type xml file here.

Your HTMLFieldControl is too long, so you want to short its height, not the width?  

John Qiao [MSFT]

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:58 PM
  • Hi John,

My account hasn't been verified yet, so I am not permitted to add screenshots...

Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Hi Ferrie,

Thanks for your reply.

You can upload your screenshot into SkyDrive, then share the link here.

And screenshot + xml file are better.

John Qiao [MSFT]

Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:14 PM
  • Not permitted to add links directly. Hopefully the following is enough for you.

You will see the inputfields are huge.... how  to change this so it will become less longer. The width is fine with me.

skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=FD1DA733ACBA87BD&resid=FD1DA733ACBA87BD%21107&authkey=AG47MZvf1f-3Q9M

skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=FD1DA733ACBA87BD&resid=FD1DA733ACBA87BD%21108&authkey=ANppc-GL-0847Bw

Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:36 PM
  • Hi Ferrie, 

Thanks for your reply.

Could you share the clear screenshot here, I can open that two links, but it hard to view.

And you can share your work item type xml file here.

John Qiao [MSFT]

Friday, June 28, 2013 9:12 AM
  • Hi Ferrie,

Has this issue been resolved? If yes, please share your experience here.

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:26 AM
  • Hi John,

This topic can be closed.

I solved it by settings different fields nest to eachother (and not underneath each other).

Still I am not able to upload images or links...

thank you for your help!

• Marked as answer by Ferrie Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:03 PM
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:03 PM