none
Search doesn't work... why?

Question

• Hi all,

I have a problem with the search page from the starter site. I don't know why it doesn't find any product that I search... ¿What could I to test? ¿What could be happening? Thanks a lot.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:00 PM

Answers

• Commerce server 2009, when installed with the default site and sample data, has a sample Sharepoint Front-End called Sharepoint Commerce Services.
    Since it's not hte case for you, maybe you should try rebuilding the full-text indexes and make sure the right columns are getting indexed.

Other than that, I advise you to try and debug what happens after you click the search button.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.
    • Marked as answer by Emre Daglik Friday, March 19, 2010 8:03 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 3:27 PM

All replies

1. You search for something, in order to view the Search Results Web Part.

2. Click the Edit option on the Search Results Web Part

3. Expand the "Commerce" section

4. In (Tab 2) Content type you select None

5. Click apply, click OK, now it should work.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

I tried to do that, but it was in "None". ¿Other options?

Thank you so much!
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 7:37 PM
  • Other ideas (I had the same problem but I don't remember exactly how I solved it):
     1. in (Tab 1) Content type select Product Catalog (keeping Tab2 set to none)
     2. in Product Provider Web Part (next to the Product Details Web Part inside the Product.aspx page) check Advanced (Commerce) in edit mode.
        The Channel must be set to Default, and the Catalog must be also set to your particular catalog - Adventure Works Catalog by default).

If this does not help you, try attaching to the w3wp process in Visual Studio and debugging manually using the Commerce Server Extensibility Kit source code.

Best of luck,
       Catalin
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:36 PM
  • That sounds pretty useful, but not understand the following:

1) ¿when you refer to "tab 1" it is in the graphics within visual studio?¿on the productlist.aspx?
    2) ¿Is this point made on page product.aspx or productlist.aspx? ¿Is it done from visual studio or catalog manager?

Thanks a lot!

I hope you could remember :S
    Friday, February 19, 2010 2:17 PM
  • 1. In the starter site, after searching for something, the search results page shows up (unfortunately empty).
        You click Site Actions, Edit Page.
        You then click edit on the Search WebPart.
        There you will find the option when expanding the "Commerce" section.
        (It's just above the dropdown that was set to none, in my first reply to your post)

2. When you click on a product, while browsing the categories in the starter site, you are directed to the product.aspx page where the product is displayed with image, description, rating, etc.
        You go into "Edit mode" just like you did above (see 1.)
        There you will find the product provider web part and make the necessary changes.
        If the product provider web part is not installed on the page, you must manually add it (the are some placeholders where you can "Add webpart") and make the necessary connection (it's an option displayed when you click on the webpart, below "Modify Shared WebPart"). with the product details web part.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: everything I explained here is for the Starter Site in Commerce Server 2009 (the Sharepoint site).
    Friday, February 19, 2010 2:42 PM

• Hi,

thanks for your answer.... I believe to know why I don't understand (and find) the options that you mention... I don't have a sharepoint site. I just buy the commerce server licence, visual studio, sql server and that's it... ¿Is necesary the sharepoint to find what you say? thanks again!
    Friday, February 19, 2010 3:16 PM
  • Commerce server 2009, when installed with the default site and sample data, has a sample Sharepoint Front-End called Sharepoint Commerce Services.
    Since it's not hte case for you, maybe you should try rebuilding the full-text indexes and make sure the right columns are getting indexed.

Other than that, I advise you to try and debug what happens after you click the search button.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.
    Friday, February 19, 2010 3:27 PM
  • Thank you so much.
    Friday, February 19, 2010 3:32 PM