none
How to hide/view a SSRS report parameter control dynamically at runtime?

Question

• Hi,

I am using SSRS 2005. I want to enable/disable or hide/view parameters based on another parameter selection.

Say Suppose I have 5 parameters. User selects first value in first parameter I should show only Second parameter and hide remaining 3 parameters (Parameter 3,Parameter 4 & Parameter 5).
    If user selects second value in first parameter I should show third parameter and hide remaining 3 parameters(Parameter 2,Parameter 4 & Parameter 5).
    Similarly If user selects third value in first parameter I should show fourth and fifth parameter and hide remaining 2 parameters(Parameter 2 & Parameter 3).
    There is no relationship between these parameters except user selection.

I can not see any Visible property for report parameters.
    Any "builtin" support in SSRS for this scenario.

Appreciate your help.
    Regards,
    Bala
    Thursday, March 06, 2014 10:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

This is not possible in SSRS out of the box. Below are the two alternatives you can look at

1. Build an ASPX page with the parameters and control their visibility dynamically. The report should be shown in report viewer control.

2. You can make that parameter empty or load some values like <Not Applicable> in the drop down based on the selection.

Best Regards Sorna

Thursday, March 06, 2014 11:10 AM
  • Thanks for the tips.

RDL is deployed in Report sever and the Report is integrated with .net application. End user view the Reports from Application.

Currently I show the parameters as you mentioned in point 2.

Based on my understanding on Point 1,  I want to create an independent web page in .net that has the entire parameters section and then a submit button that calls the report with the selected parameters.

From SSRS side, I want to hide the parameters statically and make default values as NULL.

Can I achieve Show/Hide parameter functionality by this way?

Regards,
    Bala

Thursday, March 06, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hi Bala,

You need to implement the required functionality in the aspx web page and when passing the parameter values to the SSRS report pass the value to the required parameter and for rest pass the value as NULL.

In SSRS report for second, third, forth and fifth parameters set tem as allow null and set the default value as NULL.

Hope its clear & helpful.

Pavan Kokkula Tata Consultancy Services.

Thursday, March 06, 2014 2:00 PM