How to: Create a Load Test Results Repository Using SQL

Question

• Hi,

When I try to create load test results repository, All steps are done but I failed at step 3 because I didn't find the option 'Administer Test Controllers' in Test menu.

I have followed the steps stated in the below link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182600.aspx

I am using VS2010 Ultimate Version 10.0.30319.1.

Why this option is missing? 

K. Rajesh
    Friday, August 19, 2011 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Menu is Test - Manage test Controllers, Do you see that?

Friday, August 19, 2011 6:28 PM
  • If you are using Visual Studio Ultimate, you will be able to run tests in local mode as well, which would not require you to install Controllers and Agents. The Load Test is configured to create the Load Test database on the local SQL Express instance by default. The Load Test database creation will fail if you have not already installed SQL Express. If you have an alternate SQL Server that you would like to use, then the connection settings must be changed in the Manage Test Controllers configuration -> Load test results store.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers and vote as helpful if it provides the solution.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 7:26 AM

All replies

• Sounds like you do not have VS 2010 ultimate.  If you go to help-> "About Microsoft Visual Studio" does it say Visual Studio 2010 ultimate in the upper left hand corner of the dialog?
    Tim
    Friday, August 19, 2011 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

The Menu is Test - Manage test Controllers, Do you see that?

Friday, August 19, 2011 6:28 PM
  • I got it, But I think I need to install test controller and test agents separately.

I got this point from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd648127.aspx

Thank you,

K.Rajesh.

K. Rajesh
    Monday, August 22, 2011 4:58 AM
  • Hello Rajesh,

The reason is that,

In VSTS2008, we could do like this: Test->Administer Test Controllers.

In VS2010 Ultimate, we could do like this: Test->Manage Test Controller.

Thanks,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 22, 2011 4:59 AM
  • If you are using Visual Studio Ultimate, you will be able to run tests in local mode as well, which would not require you to install Controllers and Agents. The Load Test is configured to create the Load Test database on the local SQL Express instance by default. The Load Test database creation will fail if you have not already installed SQL Express. If you have an alternate SQL Server that you would like to use, then the connection settings must be changed in the Manage Test Controllers configuration -> Load test results store.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers and vote as helpful if it provides the solution.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 7:26 AM
  • Yes it is working fine now. Thanks to you Sanjeev.

Thank you,

K. Rajesh.

K. Rajesh
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 11:38 AM