none
ORACLE to SQL Migration error on converting datatype

Question

• Hi,

I hope someone could help me to get around this. I am migrating the ORACLE data to SQL server using SSMA. When I execute the Migrate data I got an error below

The given value of type DateTime from the data source cannot be converted to type int of the specified target column.
     Errors: The given value of type DateTime from the data source cannot be converted to type int of the specified target column.

I checked all the columns they look like it's mapping correctly and I am not sure what caused it and how to get around it.

Thanks

Philly Database developer

Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Phily ,

Did u follow all process as defined for conversion before converting data did you ran the reports(create report) this would have told you what all procs/queries could not be migrated by SSMA.

Please be informed its not 100%  percent guaranteed that all ur queries/data would be migrated from oracle to sql if SSMA finds that it cannot convert it will flash error then u have to manually do it

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh313198.aspx

One more thing you can crate table structure in SQL and then can use Import/export wizard to pull data from oracle..Imp/exp wizard does all data conversion

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Saturday, June 29, 2013 4:37 AM