none
You have reached your limit for allowed sites/applications

Question

• I am trying to register a WP7 application but I get:

You have reached your limit for allowed sites/applications. If you need more please remove unused entries.

I have 10 application already registered, but they are all used and running apps. How are publisher that produce more than 10 apps suppose to manage thier apps and track performance?

Should I be using the site/app more as a category and I can have several apps using the same Application Id?

Thanks.

Friday, December 17, 2010 1:26 AM

Answers

• Here is a requirement for increasing the limit.

At least (70%) of all currently approved properties must be actively showing ads and generating a minimum of $50 per property within the past 30 days.

If you meet that criteria then you can write to psupport@microsoft.com with the request for a higher limit. Note that psupport does not have the ability to grant this, but can forward the request.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:48 AM

All replies

• We are looking into increasing this limit but for a workaround you can open a new account for additional applications.

Monday, December 20, 2010 3:53 PM
  • Why should we have to create another account and go through the verification process again?  Some of the successful publisher on WP7 have more than a few apps.  Though I don't think most are ad funded.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:31 AM
  • Here is a requirement for increasing the limit.

At least (70%) of all currently approved properties must be actively showing ads and generating a minimum of $50 per property within the past 30 days.

If you meet that criteria then you can write to psupport@microsoft.com with the request for a higher limit. Note that psupport does not have the ability to grant this, but can forward the request.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:48 AM
  • I am getting ready to release a few apps and need the ability to track ad performance by app.   With that 10 app limitation and the above mentioned 70% $50 30days rule, how will I accomplish this using Microsoft Advertising?

Friday, April 08, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Is there anything that says we can't use the same Application ID within different apps? I know the tracking will be messed up, but is it against pubcenter rules?
    Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:31 AM

• You can do that, but as you said it will mess up tracking.

I just received an email response from pubcenter support to my question asking why I can only have 10 Application Id's.  The response was terse and nonsensical.  They basically stated that after the apps have been in the market place for a while they will reevaluate the request for more application ids. Guess what.  It takes time to recompile, obfuscate, and resubmit… just to provide tracking visibility that should be there.  After this round of apps I will be looking at other ad providers.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 8:50 PM
  • What about using "Ad unit" as your per app tracking dimension for a set of apps to share App Id? I've had one app Id and a corresponding ad unit for each of my apps, so I can use either to track individual app performance, wondering why I have to create both! ;-) Maybe some apps use really finegrained ad control - and then of cause, you'll have a problem with the lack of the extra dimensions. But then again, if those apps don't make the necessary revenue to void the 10 limit, I'd probably consider that approach to be overkill.
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 4:32 PM
  • I just hit this limit too. I don't understand why Micrsoft would implement this. Really annoying. This is just encouraging people not to develop apps for wp7.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:38 AM
  • Any one got solution for this problem because production site is down from last 4-5 days because of this issue.

I was looking for solution through out the Google but did not get any thing.

Now i am feeling this office 365 implementation is nothing but inviting frustration... sometime....without any reason.

Regards:

Sanjay

Sunday, June 29, 2014 4:16 PM
  • This problem coming because of autohosted apps are phased out by microsoft after june 30.

If you try provider hosted app that will work. Tested now. :)

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 11:37 AM