Every time I click on a work item, I get an error message popup

Question

• I did a complete re-install of Visual Studio 2008 and SP1 today, along with Team Explorer 2008.
    Everythin is fine until I tried to open my TFS work items.

Every time I click on an item, I get the following error message...

Could not load type
    Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItemTypeDeniedOrNotExistException' from asembly
    Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client., Version = 9.0.0.0,...

I have uninstalled an reiinstalled Team Explorer, but that doesn't help.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Greg

Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.dll locates in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\. After applying VS 2008 SP1, the last modified time of this assembly should be 7/30/2008.

If its last moidifed time is not 7/30/2008, then please try applying the VS 2008 SP1 again. The SP1 contains updates for Team Explorer. But those updates will only be installed if the SP1 is applied after installing Team Explorer.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Greg Quinn Friday, July 03, 2009 8:11 AM
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Greg

Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.dll locates in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\. After applying VS 2008 SP1, the last modified time of this assembly should be 7/30/2008.

If its last moidifed time is not 7/30/2008, then please try applying the VS 2008 SP1 again. The SP1 contains updates for Team Explorer. But those updates will only be installed if the SP1 is applied after installing Team Explorer.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Greg Quinn Friday, July 03, 2009 8:11 AM
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 2:54 AM
  • Hi Bill,

Thanks!
    That did the trick.
    Friday, July 03, 2009 8:11 AM