Adding help.rtf file to deployment package and controlling where deployed to

Question

• I am publishing my application using the Click Once deployment method included with the VC# Visual Studio Express Edition.

How do I get the Click Once deployment method to allow me to include my Help.rtf file as part of the deployment package?

When I run the resulting SETUP.EXE, the application is being installed at \\Document and Setting\user….\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\BTH1K….\R0Q…..\.....\pgm.exe.  Is there a way to change where the application gets installed?  Since I am needing to include a Help.rtf file as part of my deployment package, I need to be able to control where the application is installed so that I can setup the proper path to access this help file.

Robert

Thursday, December 15, 2005 3:38 PM

Answers

• No they've truly reamed us in that respect with the free version of C#. Obviously this is a feature that they want to push with their big clients. I made the switch to Nullsoft's Scriptable Installer System in about two days, including learning how to script well enough to deploy and undeploy my application and its data files.

So my advice: give up on one click if you need to deploy anything serious.

Friday, December 16, 2005 5:32 AM