search for product

add to cart

continuew shop

search for product

add to cart

update cart

checkout

logout

when i playback this test, test failed at the below line. with the error "Request failed: Context parameter '$HIDDEN1.__SCROLLPOSITIONX' not found in test context"

http://qa.app.com/Orders/Cart.aspx

I tried different articles and still have issue

Can any one help me how to fix this instead of referiing an article please?

Thanks

Monday, September 10, 2012 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hello SPQA,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

This error message is indicating that the web test tried to extract a hidden field called SCROLLPOSITIONX from the previous response but was not able to extract it. The current request tried to use the value, but since it was not there, you received this error. If you receive the error, you need to figure out which request the hidden field was supposed to be extracted from. That is actually your failed request. Follow these steps for figuring this out:

1. Go to the web test to determine if they are bound to an extracted value.

2. If they are not, search through the log to find where the parameter is set. Or better yet, search through the recording log to find the unique value in order to find where it is getting set.

3. Add an extraction rule and bind the context parameter value to the extracted value.

For more detailed information about those steps, you can refer to this blog from the “Debugging a web test to find and fix dynamic parameters” module:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/edglas/archive/2010/03/24/web-test-authoring-and-debugging-techniques-for-visual-studio-2010.aspx

I hope it can help you.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hello SPQA,

This issue is related to a missing context parameter named '$HIDDEN1.__SCROLLPOSITIONX'. Visual Studio has the ability to automatically pull all hidden fields from a response and save them into unique context parameters. What likely occurred is that this hidden field did not get returned on the response, however it is used in your script in a later request. To fix this issue i would see were this context parameter is being re-used and see if it can be removed or if another extraction rule can be used. 

Regards,

Matt Moss

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:19 PM
  • Hello SPQA,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

This error message is indicating that the web test tried to extract a hidden field called SCROLLPOSITIONX from the previous response but was not able to extract it. The current request tried to use the value, but since it was not there, you received this error. If you receive the error, you need to figure out which request the hidden field was supposed to be extracted from. That is actually your failed request. Follow these steps for figuring this out:

1. Go to the web test to determine if they are bound to an extracted value.

2. If they are not, search through the log to find where the parameter is set. Or better yet, search through the recording log to find the unique value in order to find where it is getting set.

3. Add an extraction rule and bind the context parameter value to the extracted value.

For more detailed information about those steps, you can refer to this blog from the “Debugging a web test to find and fix dynamic parameters” module:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/edglas/archive/2010/03/24/web-test-authoring-and-debugging-techniques-for-visual-studio-2010.aspx

I hope it can help you.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Hello SPQA,

Any update? Could you get useful information from our reply?

Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:50 AM