none
Hide column of same group in matrix

Question

• Hi,

I want to hide a column of same group.

(http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/6b385f12-c431-4cde-99dc-eca3bc5df2bf/calculate-percentage)

I have the matrix as per the above link.So referring to the above link: in Amount Group - Amt and target is coming.I want to hide Amt column only

Thanks & Regards

Archana

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Archana,

You can use the expression below to set the visibility of the column.
    =IIF((Parameters!Month.Value="Apr" OR Parameters!Month.Value="May" OR Parameters!Month.Value="Jun" OR Parameters!Month.Value="Jul" OR Parameters!Month.Value="Aug" OR Parameters!Month.Value="Sep") And Fields!Column.Value="MTR",false,true)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 28, 2013 2:44 AM

All replies

• Are you not able to achieve it by right clicking on the amount column and selecting Hide in the designer tab?
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:07 AM
  • Hi, As my reports are in matrix format & the column which i need to hide belongs to the same group. Eg:Amounts Group->Amt & Target,So want to hide Amt column only. Please follow the link for the representation (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/6b385f12-c431-4cde-99dc-eca3bc5df2bf/calculate-percentage)
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:27 AM
  • can you show the groups from your designer? It would be much easier to help
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Hi,

Below is the representation wherein ACT,BUD,MTR belongs to the same group & hence I am unable to hide MTR.

Thanks&Regards

Archana

KPI Act Bud MTR
    YTD YTD YTD
    2012-13 2012-13 2012-13
    BU1 1 2 2
    BU2 2 3 3
    BU3 3 4 4
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Can you manipulate your dataset query to filter out MTR group?
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

Could you guide me how should i proceed with your suggestion?

As MTR belongs to the same group,so how should I hide it?

Thanks & Regards

Archana

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:39 AM
  • Hi,

Can you try this.
    Go to group properties under Column Groups pane, select Visibility and choose 'Show or hide based on an expression' and give the expression like =iif(column_name = "MTR", true, false). 

Thanks,

Madhu

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:13 AM
  • So you might have written a query to extract this output right.. Can you add a filter in that query to exclude the MTR? Something like KPI <> 'MTR'

Change the condition as per a SQL or MDX filter. You just need to add a where clause to your source query

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks Madhu & Priya for your prompt reply & hopefully that solution should work,but the user came up with a new requirement wherein the MTR column should be based on user selection using a prompt(parameter) option,else should be hidden as default.

So how should i proceed with hiding the matrix column based on user prompt?

Thanks & Regards

Archana.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:17 AM
  • Hi Archana,

You can use the expression below to set the visibility of the column.
    =IIF((Parameters!Month.Value="Apr" OR Parameters!Month.Value="May" OR Parameters!Month.Value="Jun" OR Parameters!Month.Value="Jul" OR Parameters!Month.Value="Aug" OR Parameters!Month.Value="Sep") And Fields!Column.Value="MTR",false,true)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 28, 2013 2:44 AM