none
Small Basic is the only programing language that is actually fun to code in... or is it not for you ?

General discussion

• Well any language and even game maker program for making games that i been using for years have never been fun to use... only the product or achievement was satisfying, but my ideas and plans are to grand and i tend to quit because it's too hard for me... or simply boring...

While Small Basic is just quite fun to actually code ... i don't see any programmers sayig they have fun coding only the result is satisfying and satisfaction is not what makes you stay on a thing for long or make great products that way...

You guys understand and agree ?

I love game design and game programing.

• Edited by Primoz128 Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:04 PM minor none of ur busy...
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:59 PM

All replies

• SB is certainly a great language. I started out in two years ago in Small Basic, and it really got me interested in coding. However, my requirements evolved beyond the scope of what Small Basic could cover, so I started learning C# to write an extension for what I needed. However, I was quickly lured in to C# and am in Visual Studio every day now rather than Small Basic.

However, even though I changed languages, I love coding and have fun writing big solutions in C#. Although the end product is really satisfying, getting there is fun too. 

I see your point, and Small Basic is a great language! However, you might try C# or Visual Basic or even C++ if you are adventurous =) You might be surprised by how fun they are as well. Also, in C# of VB, you can use the Small Basic Library just the same as you do in SB--- it's a great way to get your feet wet.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:43 PM
  • I have tried damn a lot of programnig languages and the one i really wanted to learn was C# but i could not find a list of it's libraries and such and documentation, that way i can hardly do anything with it while for example game maker that im using has both great community and documentation, while small basic has insane intellisense all you need on the fly.

I love game design and game programing.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:04 PM