none
SSRS Report with More one Detail Group under one Outer Group

Question

• Hi to all,

I have one doubt related to SSRS Report Development.

I need report design like the below format...

Each Project have multiple Invoice Details and its Invoice Date and Payment Details against Invoice details and Its Payment Date with subtotal for Invoice Details and Payment Details

Description
    TOTAL  Jan-12 Feb-12 Mar-12 Apr-12 May-12 Jun-12 Jul-12 Aug-12
    1. Project Details

SUBMITTED AMOUNT

ProjID - 001
    500 100 250       100   50
              ProjID - 002
    1000 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 300
              ProjID - 003
    200     100     50   50
    SUBTOTAL
    1700 200 350 200 100 100 250 100 400
    SUBMITTED DATE

ProjID - 001
      01-Jan-12 25-Feb-12       06-Jun-12   25-Aug-12
              ProjID - 002
      10-Jan-12 01-Feb-12 03-Mar-12 08-Apr-12 05-May-12 09-Jun-12 13-Jul-12 25-Aug-12
              ProjID - 003
          03-Mar-12     09-Jun-12   25-Aug-12
    PAYMANT AMOUNT

PAY-001
    150 50 100            
             PAY-002
    200 100           100  
             PAY-003

SUBTOTAL
    350 150 100         100  
    PAYMENT DATE

PAY-001
      01-Jan-12 01-Feb-12         01-Jul-12  
             PAY-002
      01-Jan-12           13-Jul-12  
             PAY-003

2. Project Details

(Above Details)

3. Project Details

(Above Details)

Sunday, August 25, 2013 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Add a List - Group by - Project Details and then add a tablix and assign other column details .

sathya --------- Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:21 PM
  • Hello,

If I understand correctly, we can adding Adjacent Group with multiple Detail Group to achieve the effect.

I tried to create a simple report in my test environment. It is a part of your post. I had created a database with following column name(Project, Amount_Detail, Month_Date, Date_Detail). And created a dataset named Demo. You can refer to the steps below:
    1. Drag a matrix in the report body.
    2. In the Row Groups dialog box, add a Parent Group -> Group by [Project]. In the Column Groups dialog box, add a Parent Group -> Group by [Month_Date]. 
    3. In the Row Groups dialog box, right click Project, add Adjacent After -> Group by [Project].
    4. In the data cell of the first row group, display the values of field “ Amount_Detail” by select  [Amount_Detail];  in the second row group, select [Date_Detail].
    5. In the Column Groups dialog box, right click Month_Date, select Add Total -> Before.
    6. In the Row Groups dialog box, right click Project, select Add Total -> After.
    7. According to our require to adjusting the layout of the report.
    You can refer to the screenshots below:

Preview the report:

Hope this help. If there are any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Monday, August 26, 2013 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Add a List - Group by - Project Details and then add a tablix and assign other column details .

sathya --------- Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:21 PM
  • Hi,

Pls explain me with detail.I have used temp Table to Populate data and then using TempTable in VS 2010 for report Designing. pls explain me.

Note: My Design have row level group and Column Level Group also

as per your info I have created List - group by ProjID and i added one Tablix with my fields it throws below Error...

Error    1    The tablix ‘Tablix9’ has a detail member with inner members. Detail members can only contain static inner members.   

Thank you ...

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:01 AM
  • Hello,

If I understand correctly, we can adding Adjacent Group with multiple Detail Group to achieve the effect.

I tried to create a simple report in my test environment. It is a part of your post. I had created a database with following column name(Project, Amount_Detail, Month_Date, Date_Detail). And created a dataset named Demo. You can refer to the steps below:
    1. Drag a matrix in the report body.
    2. In the Row Groups dialog box, add a Parent Group -> Group by [Project]. In the Column Groups dialog box, add a Parent Group -> Group by [Month_Date]. 
    3. In the Row Groups dialog box, right click Project, add Adjacent After -> Group by [Project].
    4. In the data cell of the first row group, display the values of field “ Amount_Detail” by select  [Amount_Detail];  in the second row group, select [Date_Detail].
    5. In the Column Groups dialog box, right click Month_Date, select Add Total -> Before.
    6. In the Row Groups dialog box, right click Project, select Add Total -> After.
    7. According to our require to adjusting the layout of the report.
    You can refer to the screenshots below:

Preview the report:

Hope this help. If there are any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Monday, August 26, 2013 8:45 AM
  • Hi ,

Alisa Tang & Sathya,

Thank you so much for Great help.

Monday, August 26, 2013 2:53 PM
  • Hi Alisa,

As Per your above post everything is working fine.

Below is your format it will show the both Invoice Amount and invoice Date.

But Now, I am expecting the below Format(the Problem , Invoice Amount is not showing Value).

Pls, give me the idea for the above issue.

Thank in advance,

Kanagaraj A

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:52 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I create a similar report in my test environment. However, I cannot reproduce the same issue as your post.You can refer to the scrrenshot below:

Could you please post more detail information about your report design? It is benefit for us to do further analysis.

Since it is a new question, I recommand you create a new thread in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Alisa Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

Above format is my expecting Format.....

Thanks...

Kanagaraj A

Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:17 PM