none
How to unregister Service Provider Usage from the wap admin portal

Question

• I wrongly registered the wrong the server for Service Provider Usage  . Can some please help me on how to unregister or remove the wrong entry , I added the VMM server instead of SPF server. When I go and try to update the connection ,I get the below message

One or more subscriptions are associated with this resource provider. Any endpoint changes to the resource provider may cause the subscriptions to be unusable.

I see the below error message on the wap server under Microsoft-WindowsAzurePack-MgmtSvc-Usage/Operational

Provider read error occurred for provider 'systemcenter' instance id: '{d9f69342-f5a6-40f0-90bf-453e3c895631}'. Error: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xx.xx.xx(this is vmm sever ip):8090
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Monday, July 21, 2014 2:58 AM

Answers

• Well I think I got it fixed, I also see the usage data in wap database  . Deleting the Service Provider Usage endpoint didn't help me in our case . Incase if some one lands up here , this is fix

1) Log in to wap database

2) select Microsoft.MgmtSvc.Store

3) Right Click table mp.ResourceProviders and click edit

4) Locate the systemcenter column

5) Modify the server name in UsageForwardingAddress

• Marked as answer by Shawn18 Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:57 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:57 AM

All replies

• You have to delete Service Provider Usage endpoint in SQL database and reset IIS (back it up, before doing that).

DB - Microsoft.MgmtSvc.Store (that's WAP database, not SPF or VMM)
    table - mp.ResourceProviders

The data above this text is pseudorandom, brace yourselves.

• Edited by 4c74356b41 Monday, July 21, 2014 8:10 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 8:09 AM
  • Deleted the column in the table , and did an iisreset on wap and as well spf. But still on the portal , I can see the old registration. Also when I go and try to update it , it throws the same message

One or more subscriptions are associated with this resource provider. Any endpoint changes to the resource provider may cause the subscriptions to be unusable.

Monday, July 21, 2014 7:39 PM
  • Well I think I got it fixed, I also see the usage data in wap database  . Deleting the Service Provider Usage endpoint didn't help me in our case . Incase if some one lands up here , this is fix

1) Log in to wap database

2) select Microsoft.MgmtSvc.Store

3) Right Click table mp.ResourceProviders and click edit

4) Locate the systemcenter column

5) Modify the server name in UsageForwardingAddress

• Marked as answer by Shawn18 Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:57 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:57 AM