none
Remote name could not be resolved when accessing oauth.live.com

Question

• I am facing an issue with an application deployed in an azure VM. A user can access the site after getting authenticated from oauth.live.com.

When a user logs in to the application that had been idle for an hour or more, an error occurs, the details of which are given below. The page is loaded correctly when refreshed and when accessed next time without an idle time of 1 hour.

Another thing I notice is that if I try to access oauth.live.com from the VM hosting the application before trying to load the application, the issue does not happen.
    Can someone please help me on this?

Exception information:
        Exception type: WebException
        Exception message: The remote name could not be resolved: 'oauth.live.com'
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at PwC.FCPA.External.Web.BReq.HttpGet(String url)
       at PwC.FCPA.External.Web.TokenRestApi.getTokens(String clientID, String redirectURI, String clientSecret, String refreshToken, String authorizationCode)
       at PwC.FCPA.External.Web.CallBack.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:44 AM

All replies

• HealthVault do not use oauth from live.com. Are you using any other services prior to login to HealthVault? I do not see calls from HealthVault in the call stack. More information is needed to figure out what is going on.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:20 PM
  • I do not understand the relevance of your question. I am not using HealthVault.
    Friday, November 22, 2013 5:20 AM