none
ssrs 2008 r2 export issue

Question

• In an SSRS 2008 R2 existing report, I want to change the report so the users have the option to hide headers when they export the report to excel. By allowing the users to hide headers when they export the ssrs 2008 report to excel, they can sort and filter the data. This avoids allowing excel to displaying an  error in a popup window saying there are merged cell.

My question is when I hide the headers and export the report to excel, there is a blank line in excel before the data and column headers appear.
    Basically row # 1 in cell in blank and data and column headers show up starting in column #2.

Thus can you tell me how to remove the blank row in row #1 when the data is exported to excel?

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Wendy,

Sorry for the delay.

Based on the current description, I understand that you want to export the report to Excel file without report Page Header.

To achieve the goal, we need to add the following code to the <Render> tag in the Report Server Configuration file which is located C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/MSRS[Version].[Instance]/Reporting Services/ReportServer/rsreportserver.

<Extension Name="EXCEL (No Header)" 

Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering">

<OverrideNames>
    <Name Language="en-AU">Excel (No Header)</Name>
    </OverrideNames>

<Configuration>

<DeviceInfo>
    <SimplePageHeaders>True</SimplePageHeaders> 
    </DeviceInfo> 

</Configuration> 

</Extension>

Following this, restart the Reporting Service and deploy the report on Report Server. When exporting the report in Excel format, we can see the option of “Excel (No Header)”. In addition, you need remove space between tablix and the header or report edge when designing the report.

Here is a great blog for your reference:
    http://jaysonseaverbi.blogspot.in/2013/11/ssrs-exporting-options-for-excel.html

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Heidi Duan
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Wendy ,

can u please post a dummy attachment excel or screenshot .

Thanks

Rishab

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:36 PM
  • When the report is exported to excel, the first line is empty. The column header info starts on line #2.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:57 PM
  • As when the report is exported to excel the first row is subjected for the column attributed . But you have hidden them so that's why empty row is coming when u open the exported excel .If in any other way i can help you kindly let me know.

Thanks

Rishab

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:10 PM
  • How would I be hiding the first row? I do not have the property set.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:00 PM
  • Hi Wendy,

Sorry for the delay.

Based on the current description, I understand that you want to export the report to Excel file without report Page Header.

To achieve the goal, we need to add the following code to the <Render> tag in the Report Server Configuration file which is located C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/MSRS[Version].[Instance]/Reporting Services/ReportServer/rsreportserver.

<Extension Name="EXCEL (No Header)" 

Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering">

<OverrideNames>
    <Name Language="en-AU">Excel (No Header)</Name>
    </OverrideNames>

<Configuration>

<DeviceInfo>
    <SimplePageHeaders>True</SimplePageHeaders> 
    </DeviceInfo> 

</Configuration> 

</Extension>

Following this, restart the Reporting Service and deploy the report on Report Server. When exporting the report in Excel format, we can see the option of “Excel (No Header)”. In addition, you need remove space between tablix and the header or report edge when designing the report.

Here is a great blog for your reference:
    http://jaysonseaverbi.blogspot.in/2013/11/ssrs-exporting-options-for-excel.html

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Heidi Duan
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:45 AM