'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Question

I'm using the windows store smart card sample to reset the card PIN, but I get the same error mentioned bellow:

An exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

• Is this API usable with real smart cards? Is there a limitaion on supported smart card readers and cards? Do we need to install the card minidriver?

• I'm working with Omnikey smart card reader.

Friday, September 27, 2013 10:00 AM

Answers

• After recheck, the mini driver version I used with my windows store smart card sample was old. After update to newer version, it's gettiing deeper but I'm having a new problem (mscorlib.dll and dependent libraries).

Thank you

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:50 PM

All replies

• Where are you getting this error? Which function is raising it?

Can you access the smart card properly from the desktop? Does it work outside of the Windows Store app environment?

Since the SmartCard API is new to Windows 8.1 I'll move this over to the Windows 8.1 forums for you.

--Rob

Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:32 AM
  • Thank you for this answer. Yes I can use the card properly from Windows 7 and 8 desktop. I 'm testing ResetPIN function from the smart card sample project of windows store apps (windows store devices API, smart cards supprt).

I think that the minidriver of the card is not compatible with windows store API. The minidriver is working properly on Windows 7 and 8 desktop, so are there restrictions on card minidrivers API? Could you please explain how the WinRT smart card API uses the card mini driver?

Thank you in advance!

Saturday, September 28, 2013 2:36 PM
  • After recheck, the mini driver version I used with my windows store smart card sample was old. After update to newer version, it's gettiing deeper but I'm having a new problem (mscorlib.dll and dependent libraries).

Thank you

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:50 PM