none
How to retrieve clear text of user/pass after hashed it?

Question

•  Hi to all,  I'm store hashed user name & password in my DB.  I want that when user forget his/her username or password, I email his/her username and password to s/he.  but I don't suppose can retrive clear text of username/password after hashed it.

I thanks any one that guide me ;)

Good luck!

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• The point of hash is to make this impossible.

A very common workaround would be to generated a new password at the user's request. How you authenticate the user before doing this is another matter.

Visual C++ MVP

Monday, May 12, 2014 10:32 PM
  • The point of hash is to make this impossible.

A very common workaround would be to generated a new password at the user's request. How you authenticate the user before doing this is another matter.

Visual C++ MVP

I confirm this answer, you can send new password with email...
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:32 AM
  • Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:37 AM
  • Hello Mr Saeed Bz.

I think such you and Mr Sheng Jiang.

but I always has this ambiguity in my mind that, every algorithm has own backward way.

Thus a hash algorithm has backward algorith, too.

also I think about 2 way:

1. save username & password of Users in my Company mail address (by subject named User mailaddress) when they register in site. and forward this email when they forget their User/pass. but issue is "how to find User's User/Pass (for any User) and send to s/he?? (can you guide me?)

2.I think that when user forget User/pass ask s/he mail address and (if this mail exist in DB) send to mail address a link for define new User/pass (same thing that Mr Sheng Jiang said)

Good luck!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:58 AM