What is ObjectDumper?

Question

• hi ,all.

what is ObjectDumper?

is it a custom class ?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:20 PM

Answers

• The object dumper is a small utility library that comes with the LINQ CTP samples. It basically iterates through the properties using reflection and dumps the values to the console window. You can find the source at C:\Program Files\LINQ Preview\Samples\ObjectDumper in the C# download.Jim Wooleyhttp://devauthority.com/blogs/jwooley/default.aspx
    Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:46 PM
  • DLINQ can be considered as a form of O/R M. For me, the jury is out on the performance issue. It is a early release and there are plenty of tweaks and enhancements that will likely be coming. Indeed, the January CTP was first release of LINQ bits to include a working version of DLINQ. They are not even up to a beta release yet, so I would reserve judgement on performance at this point. Some of the performance issues you may see can be attributed to the design trade-off of wanting to be able to make updates to the database and bind on full objects rather than just lean read-only querying.

If there are specific issues with the DLINQ implementation, feel free to let the team know about them. This is why they have given us working code so early in the development cycle. In the current release, I'm concerned with the performance of the sub-selects and ANSI-82 style joins. I understand that they are working on better join implementation and look forward to the next CTP drop.

Although DLINQ gets the most coverage, both good and bad, LINQ and XLINQ offer very good alternatives to the current ways of working with their associated data types.

Jim Wooley
    http://devauthority.com/blogs/jwooley/default.aspx

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:18 PM

All replies

• The object dumper is a small utility library that comes with the LINQ CTP samples. It basically iterates through the properties using reflection and dumps the values to the console window. You can find the source at C:\Program Files\LINQ Preview\Samples\ObjectDumper in the C# download.Jim Wooleyhttp://devauthority.com/blogs/jwooley/default.aspx
    Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:46 PM
  • thanks for help.

now ,i have a little question, i am beginner to LINQ and C#3.0,

it seems that the DLINQ is very nice , it can instead of ORM technology?

the ORM with a bad performance.:(

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:35 AM
  • DLINQ can be considered as a form of O/R M. For me, the jury is out on the performance issue. It is a early release and there are plenty of tweaks and enhancements that will likely be coming. Indeed, the January CTP was first release of LINQ bits to include a working version of DLINQ. They are not even up to a beta release yet, so I would reserve judgement on performance at this point. Some of the performance issues you may see can be attributed to the design trade-off of wanting to be able to make updates to the database and bind on full objects rather than just lean read-only querying.

If there are specific issues with the DLINQ implementation, feel free to let the team know about them. This is why they have given us working code so early in the development cycle. In the current release, I'm concerned with the performance of the sub-selects and ANSI-82 style joins. I understand that they are working on better join implementation and look forward to the next CTP drop.

Although DLINQ gets the most coverage, both good and bad, LINQ and XLINQ offer very good alternatives to the current ways of working with their associated data types.

Jim Wooley
    http://devauthority.com/blogs/jwooley/default.aspx

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:18 PM
  • unzip CSharpSamples.zip in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Samples\1033,
    then add C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Samples\1033\LinqSamples\ObjectDumper\
    ObjectDumper.cs to your project.
    • Proposed as answer by JingRan LiMVP Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:13 AM
    Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:13 AM