none
Direct Connectivity of PDA with MYSQL database?

Question

• HI,
    I am facing a probelm that how a pda will be directly connected with MYSQL database? I know how the sql server connectd with pda but no idea of how PDA will work with MYSQL database.
    Monday, November 24, 2008 11:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• I would wrap the DB Call in a Webservice anyway - the easiest way is to use Typed DataSets and expose those via your webservice.

Monday, November 24, 2008 2:10 PM
  • HI, is it possible that without using web services on local or wireless network mysql database directly accessed?
    Monday, November 24, 2008 2:14 PM
  • Even if it was possible - I would never do it. HTTP is the way to go. For everything else you have to tell more about what you want to achive?

Using a MS SQL as a Proxy for your MYSQL tables could be one option.

Monday, November 24, 2008 2:17 PM
  • Hi,

my probelm is that i have to connect pda through wireless network with MYSQL database server direclty? if it is possible thenhow can i achieve my target. plz guide me briefly. thankx
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:19 AM
  • Yes you can. You would need device compatible ADO.Net data provider for MySQL. I know only of commercial one (which you can easily find on the Web).

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:32 AM
  • Download the installer for MySQL Connector/Net from
     http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/

After you've installed it, you will find a MySql.Data.CF.dll file in the installation folder.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 3:05 AM
  • HI, i installed latest MySql connector 5.2.5. I added Mysql.data.cf.dll refrence in project. It was working perfectly. After many days wen i try to connect PDA with mysql it shows exception "Missing Manifest Resource exception" and connection is not going to established. Plz guide me.

Beginner
    • Proposed as answer by Sadiq Khoja Friday, April 17, 2009 6:49 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 5:48 PM
  • Im currently using the connector without problems.
    I woudl recommend adding to your solution the project MySql.Data.CF and reference it instead of the dll.
    it compiles perfectly and this way you can debug any exception you may find,

Pablo
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:01 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell how to do that .
    Beginner
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:36 PM
  • Download the connector source code from

http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-Net/mysql-connector-net-5.2.5-src.zip/from/pick#mirrors

Extract in some folder

Then add to your solution the project ExtractedLocation\MySql.Data\Provider\MySql.Data.CF.csproj

Compile it

Then when you want to use the connector, add a reference to that project

Pablo
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:47 PM
  • Hi anyone can guide me how to make setup project for PDA and deploy it on PDA.
    Beginner
    Monday, January 12, 2009 12:29 PM
  • HI, I am also getting exception "Missing Manifest Resource exception".
    Friday, April 17, 2009 6:50 PM
  • HI, I am also getting exception "Missing Manifest Resource exception".
    i have the some problem
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:43 AM