Error: We are sorry, but something went wrong. This user wasn't added to this PC. Code 0xd0000072

Question

• I installed the Windows 8 Preview + Developer tools on a VM. I am trying to log on with a Windows Live ID and I get the following error:  We are sorry, but something went wrong. This user wasn't added to this PC. Code 0xd0000072... ?

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Nia Angelina Samir

We have a limit on the number of devices that can be associated with your Windows LiveID for login and it looks like you have reached that limit.

Have you reinstalled Windows 8 and associated you windows live ID for logon several times? If you did not disconnect your Windows LiveID prior to reinstalling the OS, you could hit this limit.

If you have you used the Link online ID feature in Windows 7 several times in the past, that would count towards the limit as well.

Is this a test Windows Live Id or one that you use on a regular basis?

Thanks
    aparna

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:53 AM
  • For me, I don't think that's the case. I have the same error, but only when I'm trying to attach my LiveID to the existing "Administrator" user account. I can create a new user account using my LiveID with no problems, but I would prefer only having one.
    Friday, November 04, 2011 5:11 PM