Visual Basic 2010 Express "Obtain a registration key online"

Question

• I am unable to register Visual Basic 2010 Express. When I go to "Obtain a registration key online" it allows me to log in but then does nothing. I only have 12 days left for registration. please assist
    Friday, October 07, 2011 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Wcard65,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I recommend you:

• Setup Internet Explorer as your default web browser.
    • Make sure your internet proxy settings are configured correctly.
    • Try disabling any antivirus/internet security software while you try to register.
    • Try resetting all the IE security settings to default (even if it's not your default browser).

If you still cannot open the page of registration, I recommend you change another computer or network surroundings.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:40 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Wcard65,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I recommend you:

• Setup Internet Explorer as your default web browser.
    • Make sure your internet proxy settings are configured correctly.
    • Try disabling any antivirus/internet security software while you try to register.
    • Try resetting all the IE security settings to default (even if it's not your default browser).

If you still cannot open the page of registration, I recommend you change another computer or network surroundings.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:40 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 6:22 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem, the page just hangs and there is no warnings about blocked content.
    Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:02 PM
  • Actually, the solution is to make sure that Internet Explorer is not your default web browser.  Go get yourself a copy of Mozilla Firefox (free) and you will be able to get past this defect and obtain your registration key.
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:47 AM
  • The solution is to make sure that Internet Explorer is not your default web browser. 

Use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and you will be able to get past this defect and obtain your registration key.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:08 AM
  • Thank you VCdeveloper999

- your solution worked immediately.

How frustrating it was to get that far only to sit and wait for nothing while IE just locked up.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:10 AM