Discuss this end-to-end sample application that illustrates WCF and .NET Enterprise Technologies.
StockTrader 6.0 Available Now
The new 6.0 version, which can live side-by-side with the 5.5 version, is now live. Visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/stocktrader to download the source code with automated setup wizard.
You can read the technical whitepaper about it, including the mobile client architecture, and support for SQL Database Federation here.
You can view the application running live on Windows Azure (new HTML 5/MVC client) at https://azurestocktrader6.cloudapp.net; or the classic ASP.NET Web Forms client at https://azurestocktrader6classic.cloudapp.net.
The download also includes Configuration Service 6.0, which adds support for Azure Service Bus. You can access ConfigWeb 6.0 to explore the live deployment at https://azureconfigweb6.cloudapp.net.
StockTrader 5.5 Download Available: Supports both On-Premises and Azure Deployments
The updated StockTrader 5.5 sample is now available for download and setup. This replaces the 5.0 release of StockTrader. The installer can be downloaded from https://azurestocktrader.cloudapp.net or http://msdn.microsoft.com/stocktrader.
This new download includes the new Configuration Service 5.5 assemblies and ConfigWeb 5.5. Configuration Service 5.5 is backward compatible with 5.0 configuration repositories. You will want to rebuild solutions implementing Configuration Service 5.0 with the new 5.5 shared libraries.
StockTrader 5.5 What's New
The big change is support for Windows Azure SQL Database Federations. Federations allows horizontal partitioning, also called sharding, of the Azure SQL Database data tier. You will note that we have also split the previously single database into two separate physical databases: a QuoteDB and an AccountDB. By default after install, neither will be federated. You can use the new \stocktrader\builds\SQL_Loader\TradeSQLLoader.exe to create new QuoteDB/AccountDB databases, and choose the number of federation members when creating the initial databases. You can then deploy (to Azure) and then use the \stocktrader\databaseloaders\TradeSQLAzureLoader application to load data into the federated databases.
The single DAL layer works now against on-premises SQL Server (including SQL Server running in an Azure Virtual Machine); non-federated Windows Azure SQL Database, and federated Azure SQL Databases.
Configuration Service 5.5 What's New
Configuration Service 5.5 has various bug fixes, and especially enhancements to the SQL retry logic in the SQLHelper Class. Solutions using Configuration Service 5.0 should be upgraded to the new 5.5 assemblies, as well minor updates have been made to ConfigWeb.
Coming Soon: StockTrader 6.0
Within the next few weeks, a new version of StockTrader will also be available: StockTrader 6.0. StockTrader 6.0 does not replace StockTrader 5.5; but rather is a new Azure-only implementation, and it is not backward compatible with 5.5. You will be able to do side-by-side installs. Both will remain on the MSDN site. The coming Config Service 6.0 version adds support for Windows Azure Service Bus bindings, and StockTrader 6.0 can optionally be configured to use Service Bus and reliable messaging for order processing. In addition, RESTFUL web services are used in the new Business Logic layer, and the service can serve as the cloud-based backend for new StockTrader 6.0 clients that will be included in the download: Windows 8 Modern UI client; HTML5 ASP.NET/MVC client, Windows Phone client, Android client, and IPhone client.
If you have setup issues, or questions about the sample once it is installed this is the place to post them. Thank you!
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 4315ramakanta Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:34 AM
- 097Ganesh-3.p-3 Monday, May 06, 2013 5:46 AM
- 0143anurag t Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:56 AM
- 0131RShrestha Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:06 AM
- 2278Arash Deilami Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:57 PM
- 0136noraly88 Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:08 PM
- 1236M DeBoni Monday, April 01, 2013 7:16 AM
- 1168niranjankulkarni Friday, April 12, 2013 4:29 AM
- 0138SKBG Monday, April 15, 2013 9:28 AM
- 0335Maggy111 Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:42 AM
- 1941nice meq Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:02 PM
- 0168Amon Claver Monday, March 18, 2013 10:45 PM
- 0318Akash Rai Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:15 AM
- 1704chetvaishnav Friday, February 01, 2013 7:51 AM
- 0333mesmslampanah Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:48 AM
- 1598mesmslampanah Saturday, March 02, 2013 11:52 AM
- 0354Pollen S Saturday, March 02, 2013 10:19 AM
- 16579sivaprasadarao Saturday, February 20, 2010 5:35 AM
- 0517midoochy Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:36 AM
- 0499NITHIN DAS H Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:12 PM