none
How to edit an application?

Question

• 1. Here is a brief excerpt of my actions (read - save)

// get connection for master application
    OfflineWebApplicationConnection OfflineMasterConnection = new OfflineWebApplicationConnection(masterAppId, WebApplicationConfiguration.HealthServiceUrl, Guid.Empty);

// retrieve child application info
    ApplicationInfo AppInfo = HealthVaultPlatform.GetChildApplication(OfflineMasterConnection, childAppIdGuid);

// save the child application
    AppInfo.Update(OfflineMasterConnection);
    After this: child application's PublicKeys are vanished, and any attempt to access the application causes "Access denied".

2. When I try to edit master application in the same manner, it looses its "Master" status besides loosing PublicKeys. All its child apps are broken. (See 62e4225f-ad8b-4d7e-8139-693df5000b42)

Is there a right way to edit existing application?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:19 PM

Answers

• It would be better if "Master app is updating info about itself is not supported" but unfortunately it is supported, just damage the master app.

I do not understand why did you give me link to http://developer.healthvault.com/pages/methods/methods.aspx  
    It does not say that Update is now Replace, and anyway method-updateapplication.xsd schemas for V1 and V2 are identical.

I checked a lot of forum topics: people are crying about master/child support for years (at least since 2009) but without any success or even progress.
    Looks like Microsoft has dropped HealthVault support and maintenance forever.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:53 PM

All replies

• Current HealthVault SDK uses version 2 of UpdateApplication which "Replaces" the application configuration (rather than "Updates" it in UpdateApplication in v1). The "right" way to make this call is to include Certificate info before you update the application configuration.

AppInfo.PublicKeys.Add(...);
    AppInfo.Update(...);

Also, a Master app is updating info about itself is not supported.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:30 PM
  • It would be better if "Master app is updating info about itself is not supported" but unfortunately it is supported, just damage the master app.

I do not understand why did you give me link to http://developer.healthvault.com/pages/methods/methods.aspx  
    It does not say that Update is now Replace, and anyway method-updateapplication.xsd schemas for V1 and V2 are identical.

I checked a lot of forum topics: people are crying about master/child support for years (at least since 2009) but without any success or even progress.
    Looks like Microsoft has dropped HealthVault support and maintenance forever.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:53 PM