Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:22 PM
This is my very first post on this forum. Actually I need to know the simplest means of writing and connecting a help file with a VBA UDF for Excel 2007 & 2010/ Shall oblige your help and guidance in this regard.
Regards & thanx in advance.
Best Regards, Faraz A Qureshi
Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:37 PM
you may try to make following old stuff working for your needs:
Please have a look at:
Creating context-sensitiv Help for VBA (HTMLHelp - CHM)
Please search for download link:
Download Visual Basic for Applications example project (EXCEL)
- download the ZIP file from the link above.
- unzip to a temp directory.
- right-click the CHM file first, click Properties, and then click Unblock.
- double-click CHM_VBA_example.xls
- first have a look to security warnings ( Excel) and set Macros to "Enable this content".
- Follow the instructions from the Excel example worksheet.
You have to create your own HTMLHelp (CHM) file e.g. for the function help call and the buttons.
Office 12 is Help2 / AP Help. Going deeper into this (Information is a bit dated and I never tried):
Ulrich Kulle - Microsoft Help MVP - (2007-2009) - http://www.help-info.de