none
Interdependent plugins

Question

• Hi All,

I am new to Dynamics CRM 2011 development. The requirement is, I have created a code in Dynamics AX 2012 and using a connector I will populate some records in CRM. I push some data in a text field "name" and using a plugin the related lookup field will be selected. I have to do this as I do not have the GUIDs of the lookup field in Ax.

Then, there is a web application which pushes data in the lookup field and using another plugin the "name" field gets the value. This is because the web application has lookup data.

The either of the plugins work when the other is disabled, when I try to enable both the plugins, it creates a deadlock as one plugin triggers the other.

How can I enable both the plugins avoiding the aforementioned deadlock.

Regards,

Abhinay Tharwal

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:53 AM

Answers

• If execution order did not work , you can check the plugin context depth. If it is bigger than one , you can return the function for infinity loops.

Polat Aydın Crm Software Developer

• Edited by Polat Aydın Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by abhinaybuiss Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:57 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can change the execution order of the plugin. Edit the plugin step and change the execution order. So, one will run after the other completes its operation. You can edit the plugin step using plugin registration tool.

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:44 AM
  • Hi,

I tried that. Did not work.

Thanks!

Regards,

Abhinay Tharwal

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:21 PM
  • If execution order did not work , you can check the plugin context depth. If it is bigger than one , you can return the function for infinity loops.

Polat Aydın Crm Software Developer

• Edited by Polat Aydın Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by abhinaybuiss Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:57 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:48 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that out and post the outcome here.

Regards,

Abhinay Tharwal

Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:57 AM
  • It worked like a charm!!!

Thanks!!!

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:57 AM