none
How to show the ™ in a reprot

Question

• HI,

I have tried using an expression to replace "SUMMIT" with "SUMMIT™" using the following expression. However, the ™ renders as an upside down question mark. How do I get the trademark symbol to print correctly?

Thanks,

Trish

=replace(Fields!VARIETY_DESCRIPTION.Value,

"SUMMIT","SUMMIT"&CHR(153))

Trish Leppa

Friday, June 28, 2013 9:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Trish,

I have tested it on my local environment (SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 and 2008 R2 on Windows 7), the expression works fine.

Chr uses the Encoding class in the System.Text namespace to determine if the current thread is using a single-byte character set (SBCS) or a double-byte character set (DBCS). It then takes CharCode as a code point in the appropriate set. The range can be 0 through 255 for SBCS characters and -32768 through 65535 for DBCS characters. For moreinformation about it, please see:
    Chr, ChrW Functions 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Trish Leppa Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:53 PM
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Trish,

I have tested it on my local environment (SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 and 2008 R2 on Windows 7), the expression works fine.

Chr uses the Encoding class in the System.Text namespace to determine if the current thread is using a single-byte character set (SBCS) or a double-byte character set (DBCS). It then takes CharCode as a code point in the appropriate set. The range can be 0 through 255 for SBCS characters and -32768 through 65535 for DBCS characters. For moreinformation about it, please see:
    Chr, ChrW Functions 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Trish Leppa Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:53 PM
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:34 AM
  • What's odd is that now it works fine so I'm not sure what the issue was. Thanks for the help.

Trish

Trish Leppa

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:58 PM