none
Access 2013 web app: Logout inactive user

Question

• Is there a way in web apps to automatically log the user out of their microsoft account after a designated period of inactivity? I have a hard link to the logout page, which automatically logs a user out, and I currently use this in a "logout" link. But, I cannot yet find a way to tie this to a specified period of inactivity.

Any solutions/suggestions would be appreciated!

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 1:13 AM

Answers

• There is no built-in way to do that. There are also no timers which would make it hard to create something yourself. You would be able to write some code that kicks the user out after the first activity after an idle period, but that's not what you were asking about.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Hi Cole,

>>Can I suggest to the web app developers that they add some sort of support for this in the near future?<<

I would suggest you submitting feedback here.

Hope this helps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:28 AM

All replies

• There is no built-in way to do that. There are also no timers which would make it hard to create something yourself. You would be able to write some code that kicks the user out after the first activity after an idle period, but that's not what you were asking about.

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 7:35 AM

This is what I suspected. Can I suggest to the web app developers that they add some sort of support for this in the near future? From a security standpoint, logging out inactive users is very important for my organization.
    Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:38 AM
  • Hi Cole,

>>Can I suggest to the web app developers that they add some sort of support for this in the near future?<<

Hope this helps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:28 AM
  • Hi Cole,

Hope this helps.

Thank you! Bookmarked that page and submitted feedback.
    Thursday, July 03, 2014 9:42 PM