none
The report cannot be displayed.(rsProcessingAborted)

Question

• Hi guys,

Currently I'm facing SSRS problem. When I run the report, it will show like this.

When I see inside the reporting service log, it show this error.

processing!ReportServer_0-1!d18!03/06/2014-15:00:08:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: Immediate caller NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE has insufficient privilege to run report as user S-1-5-21-1311266088-118511792-1381041710-500.
       at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtension.Common.ExceptionManager.Assert(Boolean condition, String message)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtension.Common.DataExtensionConnectionBase.ValidateCaller(SecurityIdentifier user)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtension.Common.DataExtensionConnectionBase.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Open>b__0()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtension.Common.ExceptionManager.HandleUnsafeException(Action body)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ICrmDbConnectionExtension.Open(String userSid)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.SrsExtConnectionBase.Open()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.DataExtensionConnectionBase.OpenDataSourceExtensionConnection(IProcessingDataSource dataSourceObj, String connectString, DataSourceInfo dataSourceInfo, String datasetName)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---;
    Can you guys help me to solve this problem? Already facing this problem for 2 weeks :-(
    Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• The error itself states that there is a rights related issue

Cannot create a connection to data source 
    'Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM'. ---> 
    Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: 
    Immediate caller NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE has 
    insufficient privilege to run report as user 

--------------------------------------------------------

Surender Singh Bhadauria

My Blog

Thursday, March 06, 2014 9:17 AM
  • Hi mr_nougat,

According to the error message, we can notice that you are using NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE build-in account as the Report Server Services Account, while this account has insufficient privilege connect to the CRM Database ('Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM').
    In order to fix this issue, we can refer to the following steps:

1. Start SQL Server Management Studio.
    2. Expand Security, then expand Logins.
    3. Select and right click the account under which the SQL Server Reporting Services is running (in your scenario, it is NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE).
    4. Select User Mapping and select Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM database and specify following role memberships:
      • CRMReaderRole
      • db_owner
      • public

The screenshot is for your reference:

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 07, 2014 6:19 AM
  • Hi Katherine Ziong,

I cant find 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM' database. Did I install the CRM reporting extension wrongly?

Friday, March 07, 2014 9:34 AM
  • Hi mr_nougat,

As per my understanding, I think may be you have not installed Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions successfully. For the correct steps, we can refer to the following two links:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699807.aspx
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/niran_belliappa/archive/2013/11/05/step-by-step-installing-dynamics-crm-2013-on-windows-server-2012.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 07, 2014 9:44 AM
  • Hi Katherine,

will try to re-install it and give you the result :-)

Friday, March 07, 2014 9:48 AM
  • Hi, I am using ms crm 2013 with sql on a diffrent server. I am facing the same issue, tried all priviliges and reporting extension is installed.

Still I get the error

• Cannot create a connection to data source
      'DataSource1'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
      • Immediate caller NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE has
        insufficient privilege to run report as user
        S-1-5-21-320563158-1871118109-716098633-26609.

Please help.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:43 PM