none
Export Data Feed to PowerPivot - "(503) Server Unavailable”

Question

• Hi,

I just install and configure PowerPivot SQL Server 2008 R2 to my SharePoint 2010 server.
    I can now create PowerPivot Gallerys, upload excel PowerPivot files(Consuming data from a SQL Server), open and refresh data online, but i am not been able to export my lists as data feed to PowerPivot SQL Server 2008 R2 Excel addin.

When i export the list data feed (A list with 4 columns and 4 items), my PowerPivot opens, identify the Data Feed, i test the connection run successfully, but when click to PowerPivot Connect to the data source, it try to import for about 30min, than show me this error:

"(ListName): The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable”

Does anybody had this problem or know why this could happen?

BR

• Edited by Marcelo.Fon Friday, September 06, 2013 7:15 PM
    Friday, September 06, 2013 12:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Elvis,

1 - I Have PowerPivot SQL Server 2008 R2 Excel addin
    2 - If i installed PowerPivot for Sharepoint, i have SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services right?
    3 - I Already Installed ADO.NET Data Services Update for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

I can use SharePoint PowerPivot features in my server, i just cant load a List Data Feed of my server in a Excel with PowerPivot.

BR\\Marcelo Fonseca

Hi Marcelo,

Natively, Excel Services in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 is unable to consume SharePoint Server 2010 lists as data sources. There are ways to work around this situation:

• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2010     
    • User-defined functions (UDFs)
    • Web Services API
    • Java Script Object Model (JSOM)

For workaround 1, have you refer to the steps to load SharePoint list data in the article below?
    http://davidlozzi.com/2012/02/09/powerpivot-walkthrough-using-sharepoint-lists/

For more information, please refer to the following article:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg576960(v=office.14).aspx

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 02, 2013 7:16 AM

All replies