none
How to generate chart for .net compact framework

Question

• Hi,
    I need help on charting for .net compact framework, I need to display line chart on the form.
    Is there any charting component available for .net itself rather than using chart component from 3rd party?
    Thanks.
    Monday, September 08, 2008 10:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hy
    In my point of view there's no such library in the .NET framework itself. You need to manually implement it or use third party products such as:

http://www.resco.net/developer/mobileformstoolkit/compactchart.aspx

Daniel
    Monday, September 08, 2008 10:22 AM
  • Monday, September 08, 2008 1:59 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. So does it means I have to create chart component myself if not using 3rd party software? Any free 3rd party software available?
    Besides that, is there any excel automation available for compact framework just like the ability to create excel chart thru windows application?

Thanks again.
    Tuesday, September 09, 2008 3:02 AM
  • HI

i think in my knowledge you can't  create excel sheet application directly in PPC like Windows Application(VS2005/2008)

And you can create chart component by own , based on i posted sample code in my previous replay.

thank you
    Tuesday, September 09, 2008 3:28 AM
  • Hi Rave, thanks for ur reply.
    Have u successfully try on the sample code u posted?
    I tried on it, but somehow it's not working when i tried to install on my pocket pc. "File or assembly name 'system.drawing, version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,...was not found." It seems like the dll is based on windows.forms for .net framework instead of compact framework.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 09, 2008 8:32 AM
  • HI

which one you downloaded?

First one for PPC second one for PC.

So you must download the first code.

thank you
    Tuesday, September 09, 2008 9:07 AM
  • Thanks, I've got it working by converting the second one to .net cf. But I guess we need to go for a 3rd party software to provide a better chart control in our application.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:38 AM