none
ssrs 2008 r2 error-The Hidden expression for the tablix 'Tablix3' contains an error: The query returned no rows. The expression therefore evaluates to null."

Question

• In a SSRS 2008 r2 existing report, I am getting the following error message when the value  selected by the user should be:
      Parameters!pGrade.Value = "KG".

"The Hidden expression for the tablix 'Tablix3' contains an error: The query returned no rows. The expression therefore evaluates to null."

The error message could occur on one of the iif statement(s):

1. hidden property on Tablix3 =iif(Parameters!pGrade.Value = "KG" OR Parameters!pGrade.Value = "01", False, True)

2. expression on one of the group header rows =iif(Parameters!Team.Value = "ALL","ALL", Parameters!Team.Value)

Can you tell me which iif statement could be causing the problem and what code should I use  to keep the error message from occuring?

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 4:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Wendy,

I have tested it on my local environment using the similar expression on my report, we cannot reproduce this issue. And it seems that the syntax is OK. From the error message "The Hidden expression for the tablix 'Tablix3' contains an error: The query returned no rows. The expression therefore evaluates to null", it seems that the first IIF statement cause this error. Please try to remove the first expression and check whether this issue is persists or not. Besides, please ensure that there are some records when you use the parameter to filter the report data.

If the issue persists, please elaborate your report structure, if possible could you please post both the report and the dataset with sample data to us by the following E-mail address. Then, I can try to reproduce the issue again and for further analysis.
    E-mail:sqltnsp@microsoft.com

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:08 AM