none
Knowledge Base disappears if I change SSIS Connection String

Question

• I have a Dev server (Server1) and a Staging Server (Server2). Both have DQS installed with a Knowledge Base called MyKB.

In SSIS I set up a DQS process using my Dev environment. I link to MyKB on Server1 and map the fields accordingly.

But, if I change the connection for my DQS COnnection Manager from Server1 to Server2 then the reference to the KB is lost and I have to remap all the fields. The same thing happens when I set it back to Server1.

So, how can I set this up so that the link to a KnowledgeBase does not disappear if I change server? Obviously we can't go in and remap everything every time we call the SSIS package on a particuar server. Nor an we have one different package for each server.

Many thanks,

Richard

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:13 AM

All replies

• There is a issue with SSIS and DQS, the connection is not by the name of the Knowledge Base, it's the internal ID within DQS on each server.

So if you check you will find that the Knowledge Base MyKB have different Interal ID in the both servers.

Our solution was to create the Knowledge Base so the internal ID's was the same in both servers.

Monica

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:57 AM